It is very important to know what to do when a water damage emergency happens at your home or business. The obvious thing to do, is to stay calm, but there are a number of other things to do that can be very helpful for you to do before help arrives. First thing to do is call the professionals. Sudden, accidental water damage to a home is generally covered in full by your insurance provider. If it is not taken care of right away, your claim could be denied because damages and bacteria grow rapidly as each hour goes by. If you haven’t yet, call (702) 600-4930. We work for you. We will make sure you’re covered, and that you get the complete job done the right way. Then we recommend you use the advice below:
- Remove as much of the water as possible. Mopping, blotting, and scooting water outside helps.
- Use fans to create air circulation and assist the drying process.
- Wipe your furniture dry.
- Open doors surrounding the water to help circulate air until we arrive to set up our equipment.
- Remove wet rugs. Hang to dry if possible.
- Move valuables such as photos, electronics, and firearms to a dry place.